New Year, new post! Welcome 2018, I can’t wait to get to know you!
I can’t believe how quickly time has come and gone and just like that I’m sitting here writing this shocked that we are already kicking off 2018. In the past year I traveled to so many incredible places, and hit some big social milestones, I launched my website, and my presets, hit 10K and hit 100K.
All too often we don’t celebrate our wins but when you put things into a timeline you can really see how much you’ve accomplished just 12 months.
**I’ll be updating this post throughout the year checking off destinations I’ve visited and adding new one that may have come up :)**
Here’s my 2017 highlight reel;
- I hit 10,000 followers!
- Traveled to Bali for a month with my best friend (and my mom joined us for 2 weeks!)
- …still in Bali I celebrated by birthday there
- I got sick with Bali belly and wound up with a room full of doctors, an IV in my arm and having to cancel my flight home
- Celebrated our 1 year anniversary with my man
- Spent a month at home with family & worked on launching my website
- Went on my first press trip to Dominican Republic
- Went on another press trip to the Florida Keys
- Launched my website
- Took a quick trip to NYC
- visited Thailand and Cambodia for a second time
- launched my presets
- Got invited to Osheaga music festival with my best friend on a project with Dynamite
- Attended the Rogers Cup for the first time
- Experienced Yacht Week in Mallorca
- Rug shopped in Morocco
- Went to NYC for 1 day with Pandora (yes I went for 1 day!)
- Celebrated my good friend Aggie’s birthday in Greece (even James came and it was our first time traveling together!)
- Got invited on another press trip to experience Belgium
- Hit 100K the moment I stepped off the that flight home
- Went on my first ever helicopter ride
- Co-hosted my first retreat with Pangea Dreams in Tulum, Mexico
- Had the most amazing press trip experience exploring Costa Rica
- Did one final press trip to round off the year to Jamaica with my man James Crowe
- Made it home just in time for the holidays
With a new year comes new goals & resolutions.
Goals don’t have to be major it can be as simple as drink more water (something I really want to focus on this year). Here are some of my other goals for 2018;
- This year I want to read more
- Spend less time on social media and more quality time when I’m with friends and family
- Your vibe attracts your tribe – Sometimes I can really be on edge and I want to continue to work on always having positive thoughts! And by surrounding myself with people who have that same goal in mind. I want to smile more.
- No pain, no gain – Get into the best shape in my life
- Launch my Youtube channel – Finally you guys have pushed me long enough to start vlogging!
- Take Italian lessons again – I want to become fluent
- Fill up my passport with stamps, so much that I need new pages!
- Host meet-ups around the world and travel with my tribe
And now, here are my 2018 travel goals – How exciting would it be if I could say I checked these all off this year!?
- Italy **
- France **
- Hawaii (in February for my 30th birthday) **
- Bali (in March, for the 4th time!! – yes I love Bali)
- Africa (Kenya/ South Africa)
** Some of these destinations (Italy, France, Hawaii) I have already been to but they hold special places in my heart or I feel like I haven’t seen enough of them yet so I want to go back. It’s been 7 years since I’ve been back to Italy and France, in that time I’ve changed, my photography style has changed and it was before I was doing Instagram the way I am now.
Last time I was in Italy I did see quite a bit of the country (Rome, Amalfi Cost, Tuscany, Florence, Venice, Milan, Pisa, Cinque Terre), the next time I visit I would really love to redo some of those destinations but I would also love to visit the town my grandparents were from. Some of my mum’s family still lives there and the bakery my Nonno used to work out is apparently still running.
I’ve actually visited France three times. The first time was in 2006 for me and my best friends 18th birthday, our mum’s took us to Paris to celebrate! That was one of the best birthdays ever, we laughed so much. At the time I was studying Art History so for me the Louvre was a place I could spend a week in! Then I went back in 2011 while traveling Europe and again the year after traveling solo on my way to meeting friends in the UK for the London Olympics.
Hawaii I visited 2 years ago for a friends wedding. The moment I landed I understood why she chose Hawaii to call home. Oahu has a great mix of city and secluded beaches and I just didn’t get enough of it the first time around. There are also so many other islands to explore, I’ll have to come back a handful more times before I get to visit them all!
I have two of those destinations booked and ready I can’t wait for this year and see what it will bring!
HAPPY NEW YEARS!